[Cuis-dev] [DEFECT] Debugger leaves terminated processes

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Thu Oct 20 14:09:47 PDT 2022

I can provide additional information.

The leaks are caused by the debugger.

If you “do” the first part of the attached script,
you see that no leaks occur.
In a new image even the 100 UI processes, caused
by the 100 debugger get GCed after a while.
Really big processes, like the one with the 10M stack frames
tend to stay for ever.
I tried this trial/test on the big image.
The processes barely touched by the debuggers get GCed
after some time, the older ones stay.

Looks like the debugger using ContextPart's
debug protocol, causes some cycles hard to GC.
(Just my incompetent guess).

HTH,

Gerald