[Cuis-dev] cuis on OpenBSD?

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Fri Sep 2 17:57:57 PDT 2022

On 2022-09-01 11:53, ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev wrote:
> On 2022-09-01 05:23, rsykora--- via Cuis-dev wrote:
>
>> do you have any experience with running cuis on
>> OpenBSD.

OK.  Put OpenBSD 7.1 on a Raspberry Pi 4.

Some bumps in the road, but I am running a Cuis image.

pkg_add   git xfce xfxe4-extras gdb bash sudo emacs ..

usermod -G operator,kmem,staff

Kicked up the memory cap in /etc/login.conf for staff.

The only large wrinkle was with an include file
   platforms/unix/vm/include_ucontext.h

I had to add a section
   #elif __OpenBSD__ && __arm64__
for the arm64 CPU.

vvv===vvv===vvv
#elif __OpenBSD__ && __amd64__
# define _PC_IN_UCONTEXT sc_rip
# define _FP_IN_UCONTEXT sc_rbp
# define _SP_IN_UCONTEXT sc_rsp
#elif __OpenBSD__ && __arm64__
# define _PC_IN_UCONTEXT sc_x[30]  /*??PC??*/
# define _FP_IN_UCONTEXT sc_x[29]
# define _SP_IN_UCONTEXT sc_sp
#endif

I also had to remove JoystickTabletPlugin from
   building/linux64ARMv8/squeak.stack.spur/plugins.int

So, things compiled, got X11+XFCE up.  Cuis image came right up.  AOK

I still don't know the proper way to get the PC from the
   struct sigcontext
defined in signal.h  and machine/signal.h.

I'm not an OBSD user, so any hinte here appreciated.

HTH,
-KenD