[Cuis-dev] Mouse Event

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Thu Apr 6 03:15:20 PDT 2023

Hi Douglas,

I did not know about that. Thanks for the link. It could be useful later
for the project.

I am planning to revisit the Dynabook and related concepts under the
perspective of handwritten input. As an educator, I think it is the
fundamental stone to rely on for any serious devices designed for
primary/secondary school students. So gesture recognition is an
interesting feature to interact with such an input system.

Under the perspective offered by libre operating system as Linux, libre
software as Cuis and many others, libre hardware as Risc V; it makes
sense to rethink about what a suited devices for such students
could/should be. Compared to the time of Alan Kay in the '70, it is far
"easier" for a group of persons to produce a hardware and software
prototype of a revisited Dynabook.

All the implications in terms of pedagogical resources, social and local
economic impacts could be discussed, elaborated when considering a large
scale Dynabook deployment in our society. Just think about the impact of
replacing all student notebook, textbook, etc. by a Dynabook.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu