[Cuis-dev] Removal of BreakpointManager

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Sat Apr 8 05:39:35 PDT 2023

On 4/7/23 8:41 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
> On 4/6/2023 6:33 AM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> On 4/5/23 8:14 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> Today, during our meeting today, Gerald told about bugs in Debugger
>>> context autoselection when using BreakPoints and BreakpointManager.
>>> BreakpointManager is hacking CompiledMethods in a way that they no
>>> longer correspond to their source code, breaking a fundamental
>>> system assumption.
>>>
>>> I think that this adds unneeded complexity, and it is not worth it.
>>> After all, it is just to avoid writing `self halt` or `self
>>> haltOnce`. I want to completely remove BreakpointManager from Cuis,
>>> but it is fair to ask first. So, is anybody depending on them? Would
>>> it cause big trouble if we just remove it?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>> I added a poll on Mastodon for that topic:
>>
>> https://troet.cafe/@Haver/110151146582481493
>>
>> To cast a vote you can join the Mastodon instance
>> troet.cafe by using this link: https://troet.cafe/invite/EsyWHJCU
>>

>> HTH and Best Regards,
>>
>> Gerald
>
> Tried to get in the Mastodon instance, but I don't know a word of
> German, and Chrome will not translate it :(

I presume there are others with that problem:

You can choose (almost) any mastodon instance to communicate
with other mastodon-users, including voting on polls.

Just go to https://joinmastodon.org/ and select one from the list
of servers https://joinmastodon.org/servers. Once you
have an account, you can just follow @Haver at troet.cafe.

BTW: Once you mastered troet.cafe's German login dialog,
it will communicate with you in English, if you have
configured your browser accordingly.

HTH,

Gerald