[Cuis-dev] Keyboard shortcut for world menu?

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Sun Apr 23 06:11:55 PDT 2023

Aha, full of windows. I manually resize the workspace to have a little
access to the workspace. One alternative is to edit  the start up script
so one of the window keeps some access to the background. Another better
alternative will be to add an iconic button to the taskbar to just show
the menu.

For the keyboard short cut, I tried this without success, you need the
WorldMorph do have focus, which is unlikely if out of sight:

WorldMorph allInstances first
     setProperty: #keyStroke:
     toValue:  [:kbdEvent |
         'here we go' print.
         (kbdEvent shiftPressed and: [kbdEvent controlKeyPressed and:
[kbdEvent keyCharacter = $Z] ]) ifTrue:                  [WorldMorph
allInstances first invokeWorldMenu] ]

I think one need to tweak KeyboardEvent>>sendEventTo: like this:

         (self shiftPressed and: [self commandAltKeyPressed and: [self

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu