[Cuis-dev] Character smalltalkUpArrow, smalltalkRightArrow

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Thu Feb 16 02:53:42 PST 2023

Hi,

Catching up with the Cuis changes for the Cuis book.

Arrow keys needed in the SpaceWar game of the book to control one of the
ship.

upArrow and friends are gone from the Character class.

In this class, I read now smalltalkUpArrow, smalltalkRightArrow, etc.

When used in the game, I observe smalltalkUpArrow and
smalltalkRightArrow are reversed:

- when I press the up arrow of the keyboard, the ship turn right

- when I press the right arrow the ship gets an engine thrust.

I don't know if their numeric values can be safely reversed or if there
is any other consideration, for example with VM events.

Thanks

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo