[Cuis-dev] Some questions on The Cuis Book & other questions

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Wed Feb 22 11:31:36 PST 2023

Hi Nacho,

On 2/22/2023 9:28 AM, Ignacio Sniechowski via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi Hernán!
> How are you?
> Thanks for clarifying that! Now it makes sense.
> Yes, and the other shortcut that does not work in Spanish keyboard is
> Cmd-< and I think it is, probably for the same reason that Cmd-" does
> not work.
> Thanks for your prompt response
> Nacho
>
> *Ignacio Sniechowski**
> *

The problem here is, unfortunately, in the Mac VM. Evaluate `Sensor kbdTest`

Try pressing [2]. It works as expected.
Now do [Shift][2]. You get (I guess) $" . On my US keyboard, I get $@. OK.
Now do [Command][2]. Still OK. You get $2, with 'macCommand/winAlt'
modifier.
Now do [Command][Shift][2]. Now this is a problem. You get $2 with the
correct modifiers, but not $" or $@. The VM doesn't give us the real
meaning of the keystroke. Without knowing the keyboard layout there's no
way to know.
(now press [x] to exit).

For these incorrectly reported events, the best I could do from the
image side, is to assume a US keyboard.
Perhaps we could add some configuration file, where we can say
'[Shift][2] means  $", not $@' or such. We'd need to do a survey of
various keyboard layouts, etc.

If you want to see this mess in all its "glory", take a look at
#generateKeyboardEvent: