[Cuis-dev] The Cuis book and rotation in chapter 7 + typo

Barry Perryman barry.perryman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 02:07:37 PST 2023

Hi Hilaire,

It doesn’t look like the information on morph rotation is correct any longer - exercises 7.3 and 7.4 and the associated text around that on page 115.

When I rotate any of the example morphs from this chapter - the line/cross, triangle and the rectangle - they all rotate about the centre and not the  0 at 0 point; this includes the triangle, which is fun to see.

I’ve had a little dig through the morph handle code - just enough to be potentially wrong - and it seems that if a rotation centre isn’t specified then one is computed to be the middle of the morph bounds.

Finally a really tiny typo - in section 6.2.2, first sentence of third paragraph it reads:

	So far in our model, a torpedo is not subjected to the central start gravity pull nor its engine acceleration

I think that the central start should be central star’s.

regards

Barry