[Cuis-dev] The Cuis book and rotation in chapter 7 + typo

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Tue Feb 28 13:20:08 PST 2023

Barry, Juan,

> I felt that for casual playing with Morphs with (for instance) the
> halos, it was more intuitive to just rotate around the center. Of
> course, any morph is free to redefine #rotationCenter as appropriate.

Understandable, it will make the rotation a bit strange for boxed morphs
as windows.

The possibility to set the rotation center, simplify a bit the chapter
Barry was referring to and makes the exercises 7.3 and 7.4 obsolete. I
removed them from the book.

Le 26/02/2023 à 11:07, Barry Perryman via Cuis-dev a écrit :

> It doesn’t look like the information on morph rotation is correct any
> longer - exercises 7.3 and 7.4 and the associated text around that on
> page 115.
>
> When I rotate any of the example morphs from this chapter - the
> line/cross, triangle and the rectangle - they all rotate about the
> centre and not the  0 at 0 point; this includes the triangle, which is
> fun to see.
>
> I’ve had a little dig through the morph handle code - just enough to
> be potentially wrong - and it seems that if a rotation centre isn’t
> specified then one is computed to be the middle of the morph bounds.

I have updated the book and removed the unnecessary complications.

Thanks for the report.

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu