[Cuis-dev] Fixes for FFI

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Sat Jan 7 05:23:52 PST 2023

Hi Stephen, Folks,

Yesterday I found some time to go over FFI. Tests were failing on all
platforms. The reason was that String parameters are sent to the FFI
plugin, and (most reasonably) it can't handle our instances of
UnicodeString. Fix is to send UTF-8 bytes instead.

Fixes are now at GitHub. I can confirm that all tests pass on x64
hardware runing MacOS, Windows and Linux.

Stephen, can you please try on the M1 Mac? You'd need to `Feature
require: 'Tests-FFI` and then cmd-t on the system category. Or World /
Open / SUnit Test Runner.