[Cuis-dev] Siren progress

Stephen Travis Pope stephen at heaveneverywhere.com
Mon Jan 9 14:44:20 PST 2023

Hello colleagues,

I have a few questions, now that I’m deep in the weeds back-porting the last month’s GUI work in Squeak to Cuis.

1: Why does the Transcript not allow scroll-back or selection?  I know I can get a workspace on the contents, but that’s not updated after it’s opened.

2: Why does the Transcript swallow cr’s so you can’t have blank lines.  I made a change (attached below) so that it doesn’t put a cr at the end of each entry, so you can put multiple entries on the same line.

3: Why are all return values printed in the Transcript?

4: I noticed that a couple of you have been working on the RealEstateAgent lately; I had an extension to make it a system preference to place windows at the mouse pointer.  Is that possible now?

Cheers!

stp

——

--------

Stephen Travis Pope    Ojai, California, USA

     http://HeavenEverywhere.com
     http://FASTLabInc.com
     https://vimeo.com/user19434036/videos
     http://heaveneverywhere.com/Reflections