[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] Configurable command line exception handling

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Wed Jan 11 13:53:43 PST 2023

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for the encouraging feedback.

It motivated me to to improve the exception
ignoring stuff a bit; I just wanted '-e' to work without an argument.
Then I noticed, that we can't handle options without arguments.
Therefore I added, em well, some other options to the command line
parsing code. I hope I haven't overdone it.

You can now say `squeak Cuis.image -h` and get this output:

--- snip --
Command line options:
-h Display this help message and quit
-v Display the system information, containg the version and quit
-q Just quit
-e <exception> Evaluate exception and ignore it
-e Set the exception to ignore to nil, i.e. do not ignore exceptions
-r <feature> Require <feature>
-d <code> Evaluate <code>
-l <codeFile> Load e.g. file in <codeFile>
-s <scriptFile> Evaluate code ein <scriptFile>
-c Clear the array of start up script arguments
-- end of options; stop processing options

Arguments for scripts, code files, packages (and <code>):
-s and -- store the remaining arguments in 'Smalltalk
startUpScriptArguments'
-c clears the aforementioned array
Packages (-f), code files (-l) and code (-d) gets a fresh copy of the
array if -- is present

Multiple options:
Options -e, -r, -d, -l, -s and -c can be passed multiple times
--- snap ---

Please review the change set and give me feedback.
There might be some incompatibilities.

HTH and Best Regards,

Gerald