[Cuis-dev] Why not to save the image?

Hernán Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Fri Jul 28 13:16:42 PDT 2023

Hi Szabolcs,
 I think that it depends on the type of work you do.
 The good thing about starting everyday from a fresh image is that you can
ensure that everything is "in the code", and you can go to other image
version without losing anything.
 But if the work you do is more experimental, less engineering (as a way of
saying), it is very helpful to save the image and start from where you left
the last day.
 I do both things. From time to time I start from a fresh image, but I also
save it when working on something, play with stuff, etc.

Cheers!
Hernan.

On Fri, Jul 28, 2023 at 5:06 PM Szabolcs Komáromi via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I just finished reading The Cuis Book and I'm curious about the not to
> save the image recommendation of the Daily Workflow chapter. What is
> the rationale behind it? Maybe a short explanation would be a worthy
> addition to the book.
>
> This is my fourth try to conquer a Smalltalk dialect as a non-programmer
> by trade and Cuis looks like the most promising candidate from the
> complexity standpoint.  Thank you for the community's hard work!
>
> Regards,
> Szabolcs Komáromi

*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057
*Twitter: @HernanWilkinson*