[Cuis-dev] Fix for VectorCanvas>>#image:at:

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 11:23:27 PDT 2023

Hi Juan,

On Thu, 15 Jun 2023 at 19:43 Juan Vuletich <juan at cuis.st> wrote:

> I guess the name is not clear. It just avoids Shout Attirbutes, but not
> Shout analizing the text as if it was source code and getting confused.
> That's why we need the double quotes and final $.

Oh, I see. It seems to me that it would be more useful to tag printIt text
as “not code” instead, and make Shout ignore it completely. It could also
function as “separator” between fragments of code to be syntax highlighted,
just like leaving two empty lines. And it would make the double quotes and
final dot unnecessary.

> I’m still having troubles with := and _ not being shown as arrows,
> leaving empty
>
> lines between fragments of code doesn’t seem to help.
>
> Does adding $. after the "offending code" help? Double quoting it?

Adding $. doesn’t help, but commenting out big portions of text does (it’s
hard to find the exact offending text and fix it). Ideally, it would be
nice if syntax highlighting worked properly in workspaces without requiring
the user to make sure that all the text in workspace compiles correctly.
I’d turn off syntax highlighting in workspaces if that helped, but if I do
that underscores are not converted to arrows anymore…