[Cuis-dev] Tonel Files; WAS: Methods that return multiple values

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Jun 24 16:37:31 PDT 2023

BTW, I did a simple browser hack for Tonel files.

https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-Tonel-Browser

Looking at a *.st file in a File List and clicking the CODE button
checks file and if it looks like a Tonel file, gives the option to
rewrite into Chunk Format and browse that.  E.g. 'xclass.st" writes an
equivalent chunk file "xClass.st" and opens a Cuis Code Browser.

Useful for Pharo code as they made their own format (Tonel) but kept the
same suffix (".st").  Kinda like having .png and .jpeg use the same
suffix.  Dumb, IMHO.

Not perfect, but allows to browse Bee runtime, Webside, et al.

FYI,

-KenD