[Cuis-dev] Managing Cuis on Normal & "Retina" displays

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Wed Mar 1 04:48:22 PST 2023

Hi Nacho,

This is a great opportunity for you to help Cuis!

- Is Pharo aware of the true pixel resolution both in Retina and
External displays?
- Is Pharo aware of the true pixel pitch both in Retina and External
displays?

Answering these questions may take a little time of researching the
system. Would you do it for us?

If the answer to both is YES, then we really need to learn how they do
it and try to do the same in Cuis.

If the answer is NO, maybe they are running at fake pixel resolution and
fake pixel pitch. Then, using the Mac zoom you could check that a Pharo
pixel doesn't correspond to a physical display pixel. If this is the
case, then the solution is not interesting, because running at true
pixel resolution is crucial to good visual quality.

Thanks!