[Cuis-dev] Best way to draw arcs

Jon Hylands jhylands at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 10:15:48 PST 2023

I did yet more testing - it turns out it is mainly the black background
morph. This is the drawOn: method for that Morph (which inherits from
PlacedMorph):

drawOn: aCanvas
  aCanvas
    strokeWidth: 1
    color: Color black
    fillColor: Color black do: [:engine |
      engine rectangleMinX: -500 maxX: 500 minY: -300 maxY: 300].

I turned off the code that adds the gauge subMorphs.

So yeah - opening a single morph, that draws a black rectangle 1000 x 600
pixels, gives me about 2 FPS while I'm dragging it around and interacting
with the morph controls.

Am I missing something?

- Jon