[Cuis-dev] Best way to draw arcs

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Mar 4 14:27:39 PST 2023

On Sat, Mar 04, 2023 at 02:22:18PM -0500, Jon Hylands via Cuis-dev wrote:
> I figured it out - I needed to download a yet newer VM than the getting
> started page pointed us at.
>
> Specifically, the one on:
> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/releases/tag/202206021410
>
> I grabbed the 'squeak.stack.spur_linux64x64.tar.gz' file, and put it in the
> same place, and voila - we have a vector graphics plugin, and everything is
> much smoother now.

Juan's VectorEnginePlugin is included in all recent opensmalltalk-vm
virtual machines, as well as the traditional squeakvm interpreter VM
(in case you need it for an older image or something in the pre-Spur format).
If the plugin is not present things will still work, but slowly.

It is built as an external plugin, so you will find it as VectorEnginePlugin.so
or similar in your VM folder.

Dave