[Cuis-dev] (no subject)

Alexandre Rousseau yalexr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 14:19:47 PST 2023

Hi. I'm reading the CUIS book. This has been a good, pleasant experience
thus far.

There is one thing I am not clear about, though.

Appending G lists the (package) source for SpaceWar. For various reasons, I
decided to enter the contents of that package manually, via the browser,
rather than install it by package loading.

And this when I stumbled on the last 2 lines of that package:
 SpaceShip initialize!
 Torpedo initialize!

These 2 lines don't seem to belong to a method. So, my question is : where
are these lines supposed to go? I understand the reason for their use, but
it's not obvious, reading the Package source, where one would invoke that.

So I did invoke these lines, calling them from within SpaceWar class
initialize, but I am not sure that this is what the guide & appending were
documenting. Was I wrong?

Thanks
Alex