[Cuis-dev] LayoutMorph subclass instance #beColumn has not effect

Alexandre Rousseau yalexr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 14:30:19 PDT 2023

> You may want to try with #beRow if you want submorphs to align vertically
> (in rows).

Hmm... I'm not sure about this.

I've attached the filed-out test class to this email, if you want to take a
closer look.

Basically it is a LayoutMorph subclass, initialized as:

> initialize
> | b1 b2 b3 |

super initialize.
> self beRow.
> b1 BoxedMorph new :: color: Color red.
> b2 BoxedMorph new :: color: Color green.
> b3 BoxedMorph new :: color: Color blue.
> self addMorph: b1.
> self addMorph: b2.
> self addMorph: b3.
> self morphExtent: self minimumExtent.

and the instantiation of which results in this (attached image 1).

[image: image1.png]
[image: image 2.png]
Changing line 4 to "self beColumn" does not lay the items out vertically.
See attached image 2.