[Cuis-dev] How to stop exception triggering code in its tracks?

rabbit rabbit at callistohouse.org
Mon Mar 13 16:47:42 PDT 2023

On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 18:56, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Anyway, just pushed an update that prevents a morph becoming its own submorph.

Is this the beginnings of a Russell’s Paradox demonstration? I’m excited! Does the World only contain Morphs that do not include themselves as subs, such that it must include itself? 🤗

🐰

>>> It depends on where the exception is raised. If it is in #drawOn:, we
>>> already have a recovery mechanism. In some other cases, cmd-. (the
>>> interrupt key) let's you recover control. But the whole system is
>>> implemented in Smalltalk. There will always be ways to break code in a
>>> way that you can't get to a working UI again. As rabbit already said,
>>> that's why there are several files where your code is logged, so you can
>>> recover it.
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Juan Vuletich
>>> cuis.st
>>> github.com/jvuletich
>>> researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
>>> independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
>>> patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich
>>> linkedin.com/in/juan-vuletich-75611b3