[Cuis-dev] LayoutMorph subclass instance #beColumn has not effect

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Tue Mar 14 13:30:01 PDT 2023

Hi Alexandre,

When you need new behaviors from the class or/and you need more than
once the GUI design, you will likely subclass.

In whole DrGeo code, I only subclass LayoutMoprh once, for a DrGeoMiniView.

As suggested Ken, if you are in building GUI, take a look at the
Cuis-Smalltalk-UI repo, there are several examples. You will see
subclasses of LayoutMorph as the Check and Radio group but not that
much. LayoutMorph are more often used as instances then added in the
Morph. See for example the Panel class.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo