[Cuis-dev] Question about PlacedMorph

Alexandre Rousseau yalexr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 08:09:04 PDT 2023

That makes sense. Thanks.

Subclassing PlacedMorph was a mistake in my case. I was better off, again,
subclassing LayoutMorph, ending up with this hierarchy:

LayoutMorph (self)
> - BoxMorph (lightBox)
> -- LayoutMorph (lightBoxLayout)
> --- BoxMorph (redLight)
> --- BoxMorph (yellowLight)
> --- BoxMorph (greenLight)

Then, calling "lightBox morphExtent: lightBoxLayout minimumExtent" was
sufficient to pack everything to perfection.

[image: Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 11.08.12 AM.png]