[Cuis-dev] Mac Bundle

Hernán Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Thu Mar 23 12:38:36 PDT 2023

Hi Hilaire,

> When looking at the Cuis-University bundle, I observe there are four
> launcher bash scripts: run.sh, run-arm.sh, run-jit.sh, run-stack.sh.
>
> Are they all needed?

We are in a transition from the stack livetyping VM to the jit livetyping
VM, that is why the run-stack.sh is there. If everything works as expected,
it will not be there in the next version of cuis university.
run-arm.sh is there just in case you are using a M1/M2 Mac... The ARM and
Intel VM are different, the rest is the same.
run-jit.sh is there just in case you do not want to use the liveTyping VM
and need Cuis to work faster, remember that the live typing VM is around 2x
slower than the non live typing vm.

Next, is it necessary to sign the package or something like that? I
> remember about some limitation in the past.

If you want to create a .dmg, for sure...
We use a .zip file for cuis university so there is no need for signing it.

> I want to automatise the building process.

Cuis university has an automatic building process, sadly I haven't had the
time to put it in a cloud CI...
It would be great for someone to do it

Hope it helps!
Hernan.