[Cuis-dev] Cancel text edits

Jon Hylands jhylands at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 16:19:57 PDT 2023

Okay, so maybe I'm just missing something...

One thing I really like about Squeak is the ability to cancel changes in a
text editor. Specifically, to be able to make changes in a browser, and
then cancel those changes when you are done with a single key combo
(control-L). I often try things when I'm looking at how to use existing
code, often right in the browser where the code is. Many methods have
examples of how to call them in a comment, and I want to do a print-it to
see the results, and then dump those changes without having to do the click
out "are you sure you want to discard the changes?" prompt.

This seems to be missing from Cuis, at least as far as I can tell. If I
need to, I'll go in and add it myself, but has someone else already done
that, and I'm just not looking in the right place?

Thanks,
Jon