[Cuis-dev] [GOODIE] A script to display all icons

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Mon Mar 27 04:40:42 PDT 2023

Hoi Berhard,

I am not aware of any SVG icons in the base image,
but I may have missed that.
However, there are some vector graphic icons.

For example take the close icon.
MorphicCanvas>>#drawCloseIcon is responsible for
drawing it.  In BitBlitCanvas it looks like this:

drawCloseIcon
| icon |
     icon := self class windowButtonIcon: #closeIcon size: currentMorph
morphWidth.
     self pvtDrawButtonFaceForm: icon.

#windowButtonIcon: retrives the icon from the theme.

AbstractVectorCanvas>>#drawCloseIcon directly draws
the red circle with the cross by sending path-messages
to the canvas. The paths is cached in a class variables.

My script simply iterates over Theme's methods
and sends those unary messages that end with 'Icon'.
If the message send answers a form it creats (sic!)
an image morph for it. So: Only bitmaps!

It is certainly possible to iterate over
the IconPathData class variables content and
draw the path, but this will miss the color
and may be some icons if this cache is not completely
filled.

In a nutshell: Discoverability of vector graphic icons
leaves much to desired

HTH,

Gerald