[Cuis-dev] Object wantsSteps

Hernán Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Mon Mar 27 04:44:45 PDT 2023

Those messages are part of the Morph framework.
They do not work on regular objects, I do not know why they are defined in
Object, perhaps a legacy reason.
If you want to send messages at regular intervals, create a thread to do it
using the message #fork or similar (look at BlockClosure class)

Cheers
Hernan.

On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 12:18 AM Alexandre Rousseau via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> I'd like my Object's subclass instances to send messages at regular
> intervals.
>
> I see that Object defines the #wantsSteps and #stepAt: selectors, but I
> can't find examples of usage.
>
> Does anyone have anything on this?
>
> Thanks

*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057