[Cuis-dev] Rerendering when touched

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Sat May 20 03:30:52 PDT 2023

Hi Paul,

Thinking again about the topic

I think the UI-Mold package (A helper tool to describe dialog panel for
user input and validation) presents a situation where it could be a big
advantage for simplicity to rebuild the whole UI.

Indeed the field checking required hacking in the existing morph tree
(see validateInput) and rebuilding the whole UI depending on the
validity of the data could simplify code a a little.

You may want to see how you can adapt Mold to the paradigm you are
working one.

Incidentally, the Mold package came from Seaside folks[2]. I adapted it
for field input and validation in Cuis Morph GUI. I am planning to use
it in my forthcoming revisite of the Dynabook concept, in its
administrative part of school related data.

Hilaire

[1] https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-UI

[2]
https://kentreis.wordpress.com/2008/08/27/mold-form-validation-for-seaside/