[Cuis-dev] added push down to single subclass refactor option

Hernán Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Tue May 23 04:42:02 PDT 2023

Thank you Paolo for this functionality.
As Christian said, it is not actually a refactoring but a code
transformation. It could be a refactoring if there is only one subclass,
but in that case the current push down would meet your needs.
BTW, remember that with the current refactoring you can do the push down
and then remove the implementation from those subclasses you do not want
the method to be.
I'll review your change set as soon as possible.

Hernan.

On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 5:45 AM Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> On 5/23/23 6:40 AM, H. Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:
> > Yes, make sense to me. If I remember correctly I also felt this need
> from time to time.
> >
> > PS: I ma not capable to review your changeset right now.
> >
> > Dr. Geo -- http://drgeo.eu
> >
> > ----- Paolo Belforte via Cuis-dev <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> a
> écrit :
> >> Hello everyone,
> >>
> >> I'm still new to SmallTalk, but I've made a change to the base image of
> >> Cuis, adding this new refactor option as I find it very useful.
> >> When you click this refactor, a "StringRequestMorph" asks for a name to
> >> pass the desired method to a single subclass. You can find this option
> just
> >> down the "push down" refactor, it's the "push down to".
> >>

> >> Thanks,
> >> Paolo.
> IMHO, this is much more useful than the existing push-down refactorings.
>
> +1
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Gerald

*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057