[Cuis-dev] Fix for VectorCanvas>>#image:at:

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Tue May 30 05:06:27 PDT 2023

BTW, in case anyone is curious, here is how matrices look when printing
them on a workspace with cmd-p. I draw matrices over the binary field in a
special way (first screenshot), and I scale them down if they are too big.
I did this because it was hard to make matrices look good when printing
them as text, so instead I draw them on a form and embed the form when
printing them. I only do this with matrices, they are especially
problematic when printing because they print with more than one line, they
are the only objects in my system that need more than one line for
printing. When I printed them as text with more than one line, printing a
list of matrices (for example an array of matrices, as in the example where
I print a basis of a vector space in the screenshots) they would look
horrible. Now a list of matrices is printed in a single line as expected,
and the point size of the enclosing parentheses is adjusted automatically
(I have messages Stream>>#withParentheses:, #withBrackets:,
#withAngleBrackets:, etc, that do this automatically).
I still have two little problems that I might want to tweak:
1) the parentheses are too thick, setting the point size is not the right
thing to do, maybe we need a new text attribute for scaling text without
changing the point size?;
2) matrices inside matrices loose the transparent background, the
background becomes black, as you see in the example in the second
screenshot.