[Cuis-dev] Debugger lost variable name

Hernán Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Sun Apr 21 07:16:26 PDT 2024

it is rare... does that happen with all the scripts you run from the
workspace?
The reason it does that is because it is not finding the original source
code and therefore decompiles the code.
You have to look for that, why it is not finding the original source code

Cheers!
Hernan.

On Sat, Apr 20, 2024 at 4:39 PM Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Le 20/04/2024 à 15:20, Hernán Wilkinson a écrit :
> > The reason it is showing temp1 one instead of the real name is because
> > it is showing the decompile version of the method, not the source
> > code. That usually happens when the .changes file is not available or
> > if you select to see the source code of the method as decompiled.
> >
> I am not in the contexts your described: .changes file exists and I am
> not decompiling a method.
>
> In fact I have this Smalltalk script, as you will experience it in a
> Workspace, but variable name(s) of the script are gone when code is
> executed and an error is raised.
>
> May be I should look at how code is executed in a Workspace, because
> there, when a debugger pop up, the debugger shows the variable names of
> the code in the Workspace.
>
> Any insight on the matter appreciated.
>
> Hilaire
>

> >  I hope this helps!