[Cuis-dev] >> notation

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 08:57:48 PDT 2024

Thanks! I didn't know that >> was an instance method in the Behavior class
that takes a Symbol.

But I was referring to the use of >> in documentation. For example, page 34
of the Cuis Book contains the following:

Number>>squared

    "Answer the receiver multiplied by itself."

    ^ self * self

Here I believe the intent is to make it clear that squared is a method in
the Number class and not to represent valid syntax.

So my question is whether when used in documentation this way it always
describes an instance method.

And second, is there another notation used in documentation to describe
class methods that is different from this.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.