[Cuis-dev] Character codePoint: and arrow keys

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 07:42:01 PDT 2024

I have a custom morph that implements the keyStroke: method to capture
keyboard events.
I then use the following get the Character that corresponds to the key
value:

char := Character codePoint: aKeyboardEvent keyValue.

When I press the left arrow key, keyValue is 28 and the Character is a
left-pointing arrow.
When I press the down arrow key, keyValue is 31 and the Character is a
down-pointing arrow.
So far, so good. However ...
When I press the right arrow key, keyValue is 29 and the Character is an
up-pointing arrow.
When I press the up arrow key, keyValue is 30 and the Character is a
right-pointing arrow.
Could this be a bug in the Character codePoint: method which uses
<primitive: 170>?

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.