[Cuis-dev] initial size of SystemWindow subclass

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 17:56:53 PDT 2024

I'm working on a small demo app ... a todo app. Initially the main class
was a subclass of LayoutMorph. I changed it to be a subclass of
SystemWindow so I would get a title, a close button, and the ability to
resize it for free.

Is there any reason to avoid creating subclasses of SystemWindow for things
that are not development tools? I suppose not.

When I first open it, it isn't sized correctly to hold all the contents I
add. See the first screenshot. When I click on an edge of the window, it
automatically resizes to look like the second screenshot. Is there a
message I could send to my subclass that would cause it to size correctly
immediately? I did a lot of searching, but couldn't find anything to do
that.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.