[Cuis-dev] LayoutMorph newColumn

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Sat Aug 10 07:17:55 PDT 2024

Hi Mark,

Often, we subclass more than necessary.

Your TODO exercise app could be written without the need to subclass.

I will use a SystemWindow instance where there is already a LayoutMorph
instance installed, ready to receive your widget installments.

I will make the TodoApp a subclass of Object. It will be your Presenter
object knowing about the Model and the View (your SystemWindows
instance) and it will handle the events of the widget you have installed
in the SystemWindow instance.

You will subclass LayoutMoprh if you need to add some special behavior
and make a new kind of widget of it. Otherwise it is wise to not do it,
it adds unnecessary complexity.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo