[Cuis-dev] adding a morph to start of LayoutMorph

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Aug 10 10:18:00 PDT 2024

On 2024-08-09 17:54, Mark Volkmann via Cuis-dev wrote:

> I want to add a morph as the first submorph in a LayoutMorph that
> already has submorphs.
> I thought the addMorphFront: method would do that, but it doesn't.

No.  addMorph{,Front,Back}: work with Z-Order (drawn back to front), not
morphPosition.

Comments in the code indicate morphs are always added to the
right/bottom.

As LayoutMorphs are typically setup in code when a window/panel is
initialized, no one has asked for a convenience function to specify
where you want a submorph in left-to-right/top-to-bottom spatial order.

In writing code to do this you should learn about how submorphs are
managed.

HTH,
-KenD