[Cuis-dev] Space is low

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Sat Aug 10 11:34:55 PDT 2024

Hi Gerald,

I assume you can reproduce this consistently. If so, there is hope.

Some reasonable questions are: 1) does this happen only if you save in
full screen, but not if you save while in a regular OS window taking all
the display? 2) Did this happen with previous update level of Cuis? 3)
If so, is it related to updates #6569 and #6570? 4) What happens if you
take them back? 5) Did you have Transcript open? If not, try again with
Transcript open, and see if you get something there.

I can't reproduce the problem, as it seems specific to your setup. I use
a MacBook with an externa 3840 at 2160 display. I can't reproduce the
problem, so now you can start debugging. See the code in #6569 and
#6570. Print stuff to Transcript, including `DateAndTime now print` to
see what's going on. You can also turn on "Transcript to file".

It may turn up that this is a VM issue. I don't know. In any case, VM
maintainers will need a better report than "huge memory consumption,
some X11 errors and some VM errors".

Hope this helps.