[Cuis-dev] initial size of SystemWindow subclass

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Aug 10 14:35:48 PDT 2024

On 2024-08-10 13:32, Mark Volkmann via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Sending #layoutSubmorphs doesn't seem to affect the window size in this
> case.

Nope.

> What can I do to tell the SystemWindow that I want its extent to be the
> minimum required to display its submorphs.

The following works for me.  Note that the last line must be sent
_after_ openInWOrld.

window := SystemWindow new.
window addMorph: (LabelMorph new contents: 'Hello World').
window openInWorld.

window morphExtent: window minimumExtent.

> Side note: I have spent hours digging through the source code trying to
> figure it out on my own.

That is what I do.  Sometimes I even learn things!

Good on ya,
-KenD