[Cuis-dev] removing developer tools from a Cuis Smalltalk image

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 07:39:52 PDT 2024

I see that I can remove the Taskbar with

UISupervisor runningWorld hideTaskbar.

In the WorldMorph instance method getMenu I see this comment:

"Put up the world menu, triggered by the passed-in event.
Perhaps a good place to disable it if needed (by answering nil)"

Is the recommended way to disable the World menu to just modify this method
to return nil or is there another way that doesn't involve modifying
supplied classes?

Another thing that would be nice to do in images for non-developers is to
find a way to catch all MessageNotUnderstood errors and display a
user-friendly error message. Is there a recommended way to do that?