[Cuis-dev] LayoutMorph separation

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Wed Aug 28 06:51:07 PDT 2024

On 2024-08-27 21:53, Bernhard Pieber via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Sorry for the confusion. The reason for this seemingly strange behavior
> is that the width of container is fixed. The colored boxes expand to
> it. In CSS, if they are too big they just overflow. I hate that.

Me too.  Our LayoutMorphs expand to contain the miminumExtent of their
submorphs.

> To summarize: margin would be useful to add additional space around a
> single morph inside a LayoutMorph without the need of a wrapper morph.

IMHO, the simpler solution is to use a containing LayoutMorh,
transparent, with a padding.

Easy to explain and calculate for.  Sophisticated uses can set
edgeWeight offsets,

I do not think that Margins carry their own weight.  I think they are
useful in very few cases.

IMHO,
-KenD