[Cuis-dev] System Browser ... show ... prettyPrint

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 07:48:16 PDT 2024

On Mon, Jul 1, 2024 at 9:00 AM Juan Vuletich <juan at cuis.st> wrote:

> On 6/24/2024 9:58 AM, Mark Volkmann via Cuis-dev wrote:
>
> As this name implies, this preference only affects the way code is
> displayed, not how it will be saved in a package or fileOut. I wish there
> was a way to actually format the code.
>
> While that's true, it is just a matter of saving it again after it is
> displayed. Then, it will be saved exactly as it looks on the screen.

I see that this works if I make a change to the code and then save again,
but not if I just save without making a change.

> Another way is to use #addCodeNormalizer:, that I added just a couple of
> days ago. See the examples in the method comment.

I found the new addCodeNormalizer: method you added. It wasn't clear to me
from the comments whether there was a way to make that automatically
process the code for every method when it is saved.