[Cuis-dev] can't install UI-Tools

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Jul 6 07:43:37 PDT 2024

On 2024-07-05 16:52, Mark Volkmann via Cuis-dev wrote:

> When I enter `Feature require: 'UI-Tools' in a Workspace and "Do it" I
> get the following error:
>
> Could not find code package file for [Collections-CompactArrays].
> Installation of [UI-Widgets] failed.

Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev and Cuis7-0 both contain
Packges/System/Collections-CompactArrays.pck.s

So it would seem that your environment/directory structure is
non-standard.

I always create a directory Cuis-Smalltalk which contains the git cloned
Cuis repos.

Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/clonePackageRepos.sh will clone the
standard repos as directory siblings of Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev (i.e. into
Cuis-Smalltalk in my case).  The pullAllRepos.sh script will update the
standard/typical repos.

Did you start with a fresh image?  World Menu --> Changes --> Install
New Updates  ?  Then whatever..

You can always check the dates and changes in the
https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/* repos.

HTH,
-KenD