[Cuis-dev] Object Oriented Design & Thinking

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Tue Jul 9 02:15:42 PDT 2024

Hi Ignacio,

My advice, in order of importance.

  * You learn a lot by doing things. So pick up a subject of interest
    for you, may be related to financial topics, and build from scratch
    an application from there. You may not need to develop a GUI and
    stay focused on the domain model. After all Smalltlak already
    provides a GUI to play with your object, mainly with the inspector
    and debugger.
  * Don't be afraid to make mistakes. You will make mistakes, a lot,
    learn from it, and you will refactor your code a lot too.
  * Regarding OOP, only one and easy to follow advice, always think in
    term of responsibilities: this characteristic (instance variable) or
    this behavior (method) to which entities (class) does it belongs to

Hilaire