[Cuis-dev] Bug report: File out/in of class with special chars in its name

Hernán Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Wed Jul 10 07:19:38 PDT 2024

Hi,
 I did not have the time to fix it, that is why I'm reporting it.
 If you create a class like this:
Object subclass: #ISW1-2do-Project'
instanceVariableNames: ''
classVariableNames: ''
poolDictionaries: ''
category: 'ISW'

Implement a message in that class, let say #m1.
File out the class or class category
Remove the class or class category
File in the file
The class is created but when filing in its method, fails.
Here is the fileout:

!classDefinition: #'ISW1-2do-Project' category: #ISW!
Object subclass: #'ISW1-2do-Project'
instanceVariableNames: ''
classVariableNames: ''
poolDictionaries: ''
category: 'ISW'!

!ISW1-2do-Project methodsFor: 'as yet unclassified' stamp: 'HAW 7/10/2024
11:12:11'!
m1

! !

The problem is that the name of the class for the method is
ISW1-2do-Project instead of #'ISW1-2do-Project' and therefore it is not
recognized as a symbol.

Cheers!
Hernan.

*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057