[Cuis-dev] Proposal for new Cuis logo/icon

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Wed Jul 10 08:24:04 PDT 2024

On 5/19/2024 11:00 AM, Bernhard Pieber via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Given the steady progress Cuis is making I think it deserves a new logo for use on the Cuis website and as an app icon. My wife Sabine Gasper-Mautes happens to be a designer so I asked her to create some design variants for us. Juan and I narrowed them down to three distinct ones, which I would like to share with you now.
>
> For each of the three logos/icons there are also some variants regarding on how the typography on the website might look:
> https://modelligent.com/cuis-smalltalk-logos.pdf
>
> So, now it is your turn. Let us know what you think!
>
> Cheers,
> Bernhard
>
> P.S. These are layouts, meaning the artwork of the chosen variant will be further refined to get a clean vector graphics file.

Hi Folks,

I think it is time to make a decision. Most people (including me) like
all Sabine's designs (Thank you very much Sabine for all of them!). But
we need to pick one, and the one that had most votes seems to be the 5th
line.

The only issue I see is that it uses gradients, and our vector graphics
engine doesn't currently support gradients. Bernhard, is it possible to
explore how would it look with plain colors?

Thank you!