[Cuis-dev] feedback on Cuis info window

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Mon Jul 15 08:27:13 PDT 2024

Hi Mark,

On 7/15/2024 12:13 PM, Mark Volkmann via Cuis-dev wrote:
> It says "Cuis is: - Small - Clean - Appropriable". As far as I can
> tell, appropriable is not an English word. Perhaps what was intended
> is "Approachable".

A quick googling shows that both Oxford and Collins dictionaries think
it is an English word. The intention is that you can appropriate Cuis.
Make it yours. Not the same as meaning that it is easy to approach. BTW,
this is exactly what I'm suggesting you to do each time I answer one of
your questions!

> It says "Cuis shares the OpenSmalltalk Virtual Machine with Squeak,
> Pharo and Newspeak." Does Pharo still use it? I read that Pharo has
> its own VM now. https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm
>
> --
> R. Mark Volkmann
> Object Computing, Inc.

That's something that can be argued. You can take a look at their VM (
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm ), and decide for yourself how
much of a different VM it really is.