[Cuis-dev] categorize all uncategorized

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 17:22:15 PDT 2024

Here are some simple steps that reproduce the issue for me:

- Create this class:

Object subclass: #MyTest
    instanceVariableNames: 'foo'
    classVariableNames: ''
    poolDictionaries: ''
    category: 'Volkmann'

- Add these instance methods:

initialize
    foo := 1.

foo
    ^ foo.

foo: aNumber
    foo := aNumber.

- Right-click in the method category pane of the System Browser and select
"categorize all uncategorized".

The result is that the initialize method is moved to the newly added
"initialization" category,
but the foo and foo: methods remain in the "as yet unclassified" category.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 3:00 PM H. Fernandes via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> It is the expected behavior to get accessors categorized in the
> 'accessing' category.
>
> Dr. Geo -- http://gnu.org/s/dr-geo
>
> ----- Mark Volkmann via Cuis-dev <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> a écrit :
> > I see that I can automatically assign methods in the "as yet
> unclassified"
> > method category to better categories by right-clicking in the method
> > category pane and selecting "categorize all uncategorized". This is only
> > able to categorize some methods. For example, it will put the
> `initialize`
> > method in the "initialization" method category. But it will not recognize
> > accessor methods
> > and put them in the "accessing" method category. I thought perhaps it
> would
> > look for methods whose names match a known instance variable. Is there a
> > reason why it doesn't use that approach?
> >
> > --
> > R. Mark Volkmann
> > Object Computing, Inc.

R. Mark Volkmann