[Cuis-dev] future of UI-Tools package

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Fri Jul 19 04:03:17 PDT 2024

Yes, you are correct.

I moved UI-Tools to Archive folder (I should renamed this folder
Deprecated) and it should not be used anymore.

UI-Tools is a too generic name to make any sense. UI-Tools was a
metapackage for the MetaProperties enhancements to Morph plus many more.
Now, you should use MetaProperties to install related. May be
Metaproperties should have its own folder too?

So we can have libs/ tools/ metaproperties/

Mold, Preferences, Packager, Shapes and some other will go to tools/

LayoutPanel, EditLens and some other in metaProperties

I may need to reorganize a few things.

As packages grow, we can cut them in smaller peace to ease meaningful
use and installation.

Opinions