[Cuis-dev] releaseActionMap

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Thu Jun 6 07:45:42 PDT 2024

Hi,

Since years, I have been struggling with action map being overcrowded
with events attached between drgeo math models and the views. The action
map is not purged  even after I close my drgeo view. It can contain as
much as 200k entries.

This occurs with DrGeo Smalltalk sketch where tenths of thousands of
models/views are instantiated

Then when doing a #releaseActionMap, it takes several seconds or minutes
to complete.

I am not sure what is the right modus operandi to deal with that.

My first question is why these entries are not garbage collected? The
obvious answer is there are references of these views and models somewhere.

Thanks

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo