[Cuis-dev] button label text color

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Mon Jun 10 05:31:06 PDT 2024

Hi Mark,

On 6/9/2024 10:20 PM, Mark Volkmann via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Thanks Juan! The problem does seem to be fixed. I narrowed it down
> further today. It only happened to me if I downloaded the additional
> themes and selected "PersonalizedTheme". With the latest from GitHub,
> it no longer locks up when I do that.

Good.

> Can you clarify what happens when I open the World menu and select
> Changes...Install New Updates?

If you open the menu, place your mouse pointer over the menu item, and
wait for a second, you get a bubble help saying "Install in the current
image the new updates available
in directory named ./CoreUpdates or in directory named
../Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/CoreUpdates". That's it. For the updates in GitHub
to show up there, you need to pull the repo.

BTW, if you start Cuis using the provided shell scripts. the `-u` option
is passed to the image, that on startup, does exactly the same.

> Doing that did not make the problem go away, but pulling the latest
> from the Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev repo did fix it.

Yep. Just starting Cuis using the provided .sh or .bat will install
updates on startup.